I love reading a lifestyle blogger’s personal update. I find it so interesting, as a fellow blogger, to read their goals each month and to find out what shows they’re watching, books they’re reading, etc.
Considering that’s not my niche, I never thought I would write one. Well. First time for everything! 🙂 I thought it would be fun to give you all a little sneak peek into my life! It’s purpose is to create honesty and to be super real with my readers. I hope you enjoy the update!
But this summer…
HAITI – Wow. It was my second time to visit this beautiful country. I was once again blown away by the joy and love of its people. God is doing incredible, miraculous, transformative work there, and I’m so thankful that He let me be a part of it! (Through Mission of Hope. Read more about Haiti here)
BRANSON, MO – This is just a day trip for my family, so I almost forgot to include it. (I didn’t include Arkansas trips either!) But in the future I want to get some Silver Dollar City and Branson restaurants/attractions reviews posted on here!
KANSAS CITY, MO – What a fun little trip! My besties hopped in the car for a little road trip to see our other bestie! We had a blast exploring KC, visiting Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun, and so much more. My IG has fab pictures from it, and more will be featured in upcoming blog posts about the trip!
SEAGROVE/SEASIDE, FL – Ahh..such a relaxing getaway! I loved this classic family vacation. We love the beach and the weather/water was so perfect this year! (Which was surprising due to a few sea lice rumors…shudder..) Not sure about a specific blog post for this trip because in the future I hope to do a bunch of posts on the area because my family and I are such frequent visitors! So I’ll update with links soon. Again, IG has lovely ocean views for you to check out!
MIDLAND, TX – Well I’ve never been before so I have no idea what to expect! I’m going with my boyfriend’s family to visit some of their relatives, and I know it’s going to be great!
ICELAND – AHHH!!! This is the most spontaneous thing I’ve ever done! Literally 24 hours ago we booked our plane tickets and we’re going in late July! I’ve been dreaming about it for weeks and the travel blogger world is CRAZY about it! (have tips or advice? Please share!)
*side note, Iceland includes a quick trip to my beloved NYC!
ALASKA – Yet again, another BUCKET LIST place!! I’m going with my parents, and it’s my dad’s 50th state to visit! (So cool!) I can’t wait to see breathtaking mountains and glaciers, and go on some beautiful hikes! (have tips or advice? Please share!)
GOALS FOR ADVENTURES AND KINDNESS
followers up to 500looks like I need a new goal! 🙂
- Pinterest followers up to 400 (currently
- Facebook likes up to
- Twitter followers up to 2,000 (currently 1,878)
- Stumble Upon any followers really! I’m desperate! (and new)
- Bloglovin *see above
Hey, feel free to help me out with the above if you would like! 🙂 Thanks in advance!
Also looking to join group Pinterest boards that are travel or self improvement related, so please holla at me if you know of any I could join!
- Post more frequently and consistently! (aka write posts ahead of time!! Gotta get better at this!)
- Grow my newsletter subscriber list as well as open rate/click-throughs
- Network! Make friends with other bloggers! It’s already been so fun and rewarding, but I can still count it as a goal, right? 🙂
- Update design aspects of my blog (like the drop down menu)
- Incorporate more giveaways! (Get excited, I already have 2 in the works!) and collaborations! (been to Asia? I’d love to feature you, just let me know 🙂 )
- NOT WORRY SO MUCH. Stress is not needed nor desired. I, and I’m sure other bloggers can agree, need to stop with the comparison. I’m still a newbie blogger. I blog part time and started it while I was a full time college senior and working two part time jobs. Whew I’m exhausted just thinking about this past semester!
- It’s so easy for me to drain myself trying to do all of these things for my blog and then get frustrated when I don’t magically have the same success story as someone else. I have to remind myself that numbers do not determine my worth or abilities as a blogger. I need to focus on being me and not compare myself with to all of the incredible bloggers out there! We’re all unique and amazing for different reasons! 🙂 P.S. Bloggers are so supportive and helpful, and I was shocked by how wonderful the blogging community is!
I hope you enjoyed this little update and insight into my goals for these last couple weeks in June as well as my upcoming travel plans over the next couple of months! I’m so excited to implement these goals and keep sharing all of my adventures and self improvement tips with you!