For only being on Earth for a little over 2 decades, I’ve traveled quite a bit. My parents love to travel, and they’ve provided me with amazing opportunities to do it multiple times each year. One of their best pieces of advice is something I’m sharing with you today…keep a toiletry bag handy!
Always Have a Toiletry Bag Handy
It’s simple. It’s necessary. (Well the items in it are!) Just grab a small bag. (Men, you might call this a Dopp kit. Ladies, a typical make-up bag should suffice.) You want it to have pockets so that you can keep all your stuff a little organized, and you probably want it waterproof since it will be spending a lot of time in the bathroom. It can be any size, but you preferably want it big enough to hold everything that you need but also small enough to easily fit into a backpack or small duffel bag.
So Why Do You Need One?
- It holds everything you need to use in the bathroom in one convenient bag.
- It keeps all your liquids contained and prevents spills into your luggage. (Aka that stylish new shirt you just bought!)
- IT’S PERFECT FOR TRAVEL. It fits in all of your luggage and is great for when you don’t have a lot of room or you don’t want to unpack everything when you get there. Disclosure: I’m mostly speaking about travel that isn’t on an airplane! There will be a separate airplane tips post later on! (So don’t forget the 3 oz rule!)
So Why Should You Keep One Handy At all Times?
- Weekend trip? No worries, already got all toiletry items packed.
- Big vacation coming up? No worries, already got all toiletry items packed.
- Spending the night somewhere? No worries…(Do I really need to repeat? It’s stress free!)
It’s so convenient. While your travel companions are running around trying to remember every little thing to put it in there, all you have to do is take a quick peek and you’re good to go! It’s so easy. And once you pack it the first time, you don’t have to try to remember everything that should go in it ever again! You just replenish whenever something is running out. It makes packing a breeze!
So What Should You Include In Your Toiletry Bag?
Here’s a list of things that I recommend:
- Body Wash and/or Soap
- Shaving Cream
- Hair Product
- Feminine Items if needed
- Contact Case if needed
- Contact Solution if needed
- Special Face Wash if needed
- Retainer or other dental items if needed**
**likely will have to add each time because you may only be able to have 1
The key is to use small containers for everything! You don’t need to lug around your regular sized shampoo bottle for a week’s worth of travel. Invest in reusable bottles then fill them up with your favorite shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hair product, special face wash, etc. I recommend investing in travel size contact solution and toothpaste. (Sold in Wal-Marts and other popular super-centers.)
Yes you will have to pay for an extra one of everything, but this is all stuff that you run out of anyway! (For the most part…but I lose my contact cases all the time!) Most of it is cheap and won’t expire, so you will get plenty of use out of it!
Pack your bag, then leave it in storage in your bathroom. (Under the sink works well!) Next time you start to pack a travel bag, just whip out your pre-made bag and you’re ready to go!
There ya have it. A simple way to save time and prevent stress.
Want a FREE printable checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything when packing a toiletry bag?? I even added a few more things compared to what’s up above! Click here to have it emailed for FREE right to your inbox! My gift to you! 🙂
Do you have a toiletry bag handy at all times? Why or why not? What would you add to the list?
CHECK OUT MORE TRAVEL POSTS